Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Can One Quotation Change Your Life?


by
Allen Klein, MA, CSP

When Dale Carnegie wrote, “When we hate our enemies, we are giving them power over us…Our enemies would dance with joy if only they knew how they were worrying us…and getting even with us! Our hate is not hurting them at all, but our hate is turning our days and nights into a hellish turmoil,” he probably never realized how those words would change someone’s life.

But it did. I know because of a letter that I got from a woman after she read that quotation in one of my books. The letter began:                                                              

“You’ll never know how your book has impacted my life. First of all let me say I’m 67-years-old, and at age 12 was violently raped twice. Never told anyone, but I haunted me for 55-years…I was angry and full of rage.

I keep this quote [“When we hate our enemies…”] taped to my kitchen cabinet  so I see it everyday. I’ve taken my power back, and it has changed my life.”


That letter is only one of several that I’ve received about the impact a single quotation has made in someone’s life. I’ll share other stories in future blogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment